Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PRINTER ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aka rotten

aka rotten

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

SHOP PC E MACHINE DESKJET 1000 PRINTER.BEEN WORKING FINE,ONLY GETS USED ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH.WENT TO USE IT THIS AM ,NOTTA,LIGHT ON ON PRINTER WHEN I HIT BUTTON TO PRINT,PAGE COMES UP ASKING ABOUT HOW MANY COPIES AND WHATEVER BUT SAYS PRINTER OFFLINE.wHAT DID I DO AND HOW TO I CORRECT IT?AS YOU SEE I,M NOT PC SAVY.THANKS PAUL,EXCUSE ALL CAPS BUT IM OLD AND SEE BETTER!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:36 PM

I found one of your previous posts in Windows 7. The following directions apply to Windows 7. If the computer you are having the issue on has a different version of Windows please let us know which one.

From your Start menu click Control Panel.

Click Devices and Printers.

You will see your printer listed.

RIGHT click on the printer icon.

This will bring up the right click menu.

Click See what's printing.

Click Printer.

Look for Use printer offline.

If it is checked simply left click Use printer offline.

Once again click Printer to make sure it got unchecked.

You should now be able to print.

#3 aka rotten

aka rotten
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

I found one of your previous posts in Windows 7. The following directions apply to Windows 7. If the computer you are having the issue on has a different version of Windows please let us know which one.

From your Start menu click Control Panel.

Click Devices and Printers.

You will see your printer listed.

RIGHT click on the printer icon.

This will bring up the right click menu.

Click See what's printing.

Click Printer.

Look for Use printer offline.

If it is checked simply left click Use printer offline.

Once again click Printer to make sure it got unchecked.

You should now be able to print. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,DONT KNOW HOW I MANAGED TO DO THAT BUT I,M BACK TO PRINTING.PAUL

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

I had the same issue earlier in the week.

I ended up rooting through the printer stuff until I stumbled on the solution, which is the one I provided you.

I don't know how my printer ended up being offline. All I know is that I did not do anything to change it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users