Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to realize partitions to the hard drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

I have bought an Hacer Aspire E-14, model  E5-471-53Z7, 6g and 1TB so I want to make two partitions

and i woud like how to do it.Using win 8.1.

rgds

mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

Download Partition Magic.

You will find a good tutorial for this program here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

Hi mloo55 :)

You could easily create two partitions using the in-built Windows Disk Management utility. Here's a good tutorial that presents you that utility and how to use it:

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-manage-your-disks-using-disk-management-utility

However, it can have some limitation. Can you tell us exactly what you want to do? Shrink the main partition (which is probably 1TB) and create another one? If so, of what size? And how many partitions are there actually on the drive?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Thanks to both for your answer, what I really want to is to separate the oiperating system from the files I create, so I think of of only two partitions, is good?

rgds

mloo55

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

It makes sense yes. A lot of people do that and its a good practice. Alright, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner and select Disk Management. From there, wait until the window is fully loaded, then take a screenshot of what you see and post it here.

How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
Follow the instructions below to take a screenshot using Windows' Snipping Tool:
  • Press on the Win Key + R to open the Run box;
  • Enter SnippingTool and press on Enter;
  • The Snipping Tool will open, asking you to choose the area to take in the screenshot;
  • Left click on the area where you want to start the screenshot, keep it, and drag the cursor across the screen;
  • Once done, release the left button to take the screenshot;
  • In the editing window, click on the File menu then Save As;
  • Save the screenshot in a folder that you can access easily;
  • Once done, attach that screenshot to your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Yes, two partitions may be all you need.  C-drive partition for your OS and all programs; D-drive partition for all created and downloaded material.  I made mine equal in size, so far so good.  You may want to, program by program, designate all created, updated, materials [text, docs, pics] go to your chosen folder[s] in D-drive partition.  I left My Documents folder on C all alone.  And the BC techs here will steer you right.  :) 

Edited by RolandJS, 09 February 2015 - 11:09 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users