Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't verify identity w/password change

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Newguy95

Newguy95

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

I changed my password for Microsoft account after I discovered suspicious activity.  Password changed okay but I can not verify my identity.  I get a screen that says they're having a problem with their server and try again later.  It's been a week now and I continue to get that message.  I saw a similar post that said that Microsoft will not help you change your password so I haven't called them.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Newguy95

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Try to reset your password.

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Newguy95

Newguy95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

I've reset my password no less than 5 times in the past week.  I can change my password but I can not verify my identity.  I keep getting a message that there is a problem with the server and try again later. I'm going to call Microsoft Support and see if the problem is on their end.  Will update when I get an answer.

#4 Newguy95

Newguy95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:22 AM

Finally got through to MS support.  She suggested I reset Internet Explorer. I did that and of course it didn't work.  So, I'll be back on the phone with them again today.   

#5 Newguy95

Newguy95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

So, I decide to take an hour off and play solitaire since I can't do much else.  I get a prompt that someone has hacked my account. So I go through the motions and change my password for the 6th time.  This time it worked.  I have no idea why and at this point I'm so happy to have my email back, I don't care.  So I guess all you have to do to get your password verified is play solitaire. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users