Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Cards functional but can't connect to the network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LearnerMachin

LearnerMachin

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Hello,

There is a machine in my office running a windows 8.1 OS. I wanted to use NAT and thus downloaded the application Win32 NAT app.

Prior to this time, the Two network cards in the computer has been working fine, Connecting to the internet and the other to a private network.

After downloading and installing the Win32 NAT app, it asked me to download the drivers that runs or drives the Win32 NAT app which i did, but configuring the app was a bit tasking so i decided to uninstall the app.

After i did that, i discovered that the network cards where no more working... as in they were not recognised,when i checked for the IP of the Cards, it prompt a message - "No valid IP address".

Then i tried using the troubleshooting app in windows; the result was "There is likely a driver issue".

Now i cant connect to the internet to probably use an application that scans the system and updates drivers. When i tired using a wireless device attached to the computer, it recognised the wireless device, but yet cannot browse still sating a driver problem.

Please what can i do?

Is there anyone who can suggest a simple app that can do NAT properly that is a freeware or a free Hotspot app?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Do you have a link to this program or is part of the windows app store? How is the PC connected to the net now? Through a router or directly off a modem?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 LearnerMachin

LearnerMachin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

So sorry, its NAT32 app - www.nat32.com? 

The machine is connected to a WIFI device/router from the ISP, but the machine itself doesn't browse or connects to the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users