Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Stop Error Message 0x7e

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spencer

Spencer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

Hello,

Whenever I try and delete a large file from my HD I get a Stop Error message (blue screen) 0x7E. Any suggestions other that a fresh install of windows XP? I tried to do a repair of the OS, but it didn't fix the problem.

Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel Mobo 3.0ghz
2 gigs RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 compuwiz

compuwiz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

If you tried to repair the installation and it didn't work, you might need to reformat the HD. The only other thing I can think of is to try and do a system restore on a date BEFORE the stop message appeared the first time. If you've never used this feature, it restores your computer to a previous date without erasing recent data files you may have created. Simply click the Start menu, go to Accessories, then go to System Tools, then click System Restore.

Honestly I have my doubts about this, but you never know and you have nothing to lose. Reformatting your HD may be your only option.

#3 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:37 AM

Hello,

Whenever I try and delete a large file from my HD I get a Stop Error message (blue screen) 0x7E. Any suggestions other that a fresh install of windows XP? I tried to do a repair of the OS, but it didn't fix the problem.

Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel Mobo 3.0ghz
2 gigs RAM

Is it a specific file you're trying to delete? Or just any large file in general?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users