Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temp file that keeps changing and cant be deleted...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skorilla!

Skorilla!

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

I've tried everything, lots of different anti-virus/malware, temp file removers, even tried manually, but nothing seems to get rid of this ONE file, it's untouchable...I know of it because of Bitdefender, when I use the "one click optimizer" and optimize everything, it always comes up with 6 files it didn't touch, 5 "are in use" and 1 simply "failed (Access Denied)" and it always changes it's path name...to name everything I've tied so far, it's:

AdwCleaner
Junkware Removal Tool
Malwarebytes
Hitman Pro (But my free trial has run out so I couldn't remove what was found)
Temp File Cleaner
TDSSKiller

what else can I try?

Edit: Topic moved from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

Welcome,

It sounds very much like you might have an infection

So I'm going to ask a moderator to move your message to the Am I Infected forum

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Unique Obsession

Unique Obsession

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

You can use  http://www.superantispyware.com/  Just download and install the free version, when installing refuse the start trial option,

the free version is fine and very good for removing stubborn files and virus's, trojans etc, main difference between the free and paid version is, the paid version is a realtime scanner.

You will want to use the SuperDelete file removal tool, shown in this image.

SUPERAntiSpyware%206%20-%20system%20tool

To get to that option run SuperAntiSpyware and select System tools, then select SuperDelete file removal.

Click on the + to add a file, find the file, click open.

Now that the path is set in the prgram click on the bin icon to delete it.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:29 AM

Sounds to me like your optimizer program needs to be uninstalled permanently and certainly NOT used as a reference for anything that might truly be problematical on your system.

BC does not support the use of "optimizers/registry cleaners."

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

Louis

#5 Skorilla!

Skorilla!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Welcome,

It sounds very much like you might have an infection

So I'm going to ask a moderator to move your message to the Am I Infected forum

Dick

Thank you Dick

#6 Skorilla!

Skorilla!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

You can use  http://www.superantispyware.com/  Just download and install the free version, when installing refuse the start trial option,

the free version is fine and very good for removing stubborn files and virus's, trojans etc, main difference between the free and paid version is, the paid version is a realtime scanner.

You will want to use the SuperDelete file removal tool, shown in this image.

SUPERAntiSpyware%206%20-%20system%20tool

To get to that option run SuperAntiSpyware and select System tools, then select SuperDelete file removal.

Click on the + to add a file, find the file, click open.

Now that the path is set in the prgram click on the bin icon to delete it.

Thank you Unique Obsession. I scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware, it found something, so I deleted it, but as I suspected, it came back, after I scanned again and SAS found it again...BUT what I did find out is the name of the virus, it was doubleclick.net, so I googled that and found SpyHunter, which I scanned with and found 45 infections under 5 different names; doubleclick.net, snap.do, feven, optimizer pro, and adware helper...but SpyHunter won't delete them without payment, so I managed to manually remove doubleclick.net and feven, from the registry, but I couldn't find the snap.do, optimizer pro or adware helper files, and I don't know what to do next...

#7 Unique Obsession

Unique Obsession

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

You might have made things a bit worse for yourself by using this Spyhunter software, if it claims to want payment to fix issues then it's fake and not good to use.

I wouldn't even believe a thing that software tells seeing it asks for payment to fix it, sounds like scare tactics.

It's a pretty well known scanner that throws up false information.

Dicke mentioned asking for your thread to be move to get things checked out.

All you need to do is sit tight and wait for the threat scan guys to come to your thread, they have so many other threads deal with,

do not think you are just being left and forgot about, they do thier best to get to everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users