Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel Help Pls! (Before I throw this cpu into the canyon!)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 InventingJoy

InventingJoy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hi everyone, I can't seem to get the grid lines to print out in excel. I've done everything microsoft said to do, checked boxes that say print & gridlines sometimes it did, a few weeks ago. I did something that made it work but I don't know what I did & I can't make it print them out now. I've scared the dogs when I yelled at the cpu. !#@$%$%&%*($*% Its so frustrating. Can anyone help me? Also, while your at it, is it possible to make the gridlines print out as a default. The hard drive in my head is too full for another cpu procedure & my notebook on cpu procedures is fairly full & I'm too old & too grouchy to bear a teenager. But just a print out will do if it won't do it by default. I welcome all the help I can get. My eyes see double & I need those lines to read the page. Also, when printing (this is a new symptom) the fonts get small. I would say about an 8 when I set 11 so I need to set at least 14 to be readable. I probably need my eyes checked too.  btw I'm a newbie to this forum. So glad to have found you. Puppy love from Inventing Joy & Furry Folk

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2015 - 09:12 AM.
Moved from XP to Bus Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Unique Obsession

Unique Obsession

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

Can you not go to print options and check the gridlines? That makes the gridlines get printed.

Better still here is a link with a few images showing things pretty clear.

https://www.ablebits.com/office-addins-blog/2014/04/17/print-gridlines-excel/

Edited by Unique Obsession, 07 February 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#3 InventingJoy

InventingJoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:21 AM

Ty Ty ty Unique Obsession, It worked! But here's what the problem was. I had done all that but also the box: draft quality was also checkied. That takes out the gridlines. Black & white is okay, but not draft quality & of course you have to check the gridlines box. Thanks again & puppy love from inventing Joy & Furry Folk (who also thank you so their mom won't scare them by hollering at the cpu. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users