Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purcase template: Granddaughter needs new laptop Asus vs Acet Aspire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 myangel2673

myangel2673

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

Budget: $300
Needs: Something to play music,watch videos,message friend
She had Chromebook she uses for college but wants something that she can have fun with. Looked at both Asus with Intel Dual Core 2.16 US 4 Gb Ram and Acer Aspire E 15 E S1 512 C88M 15.6 Intel Celeron.
Please advise which one would be best for her!! Thanks for helping grandma in distress!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

I have two Acer's they do fine as do my Intel machines, but I would lean more toward the Asus their customer service and warranty are a tad better.  As to the chips the Intel processor is preferred by many over the Celeron, not that they are bad just preferred.  I have two Celeron and two Intel machines they all do fine.  Wait for more feed back, there will be more opinions.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 myangel2673

myangel2673
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for your help!! It's so hard to know which way to go. The reviews for both we're pretty horrible!!! But maybe they wanted more than a simple machine. Three hundred dollars is a lot to me and I want to get it right. Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users