Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantec Antivirus and spyware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 harkim

harkim

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

Hello,

I have Adblock plus activaited on my browser but recently a lot of popups have been popping up.  Also, my Symantec Antivirus and spyware will not update.  Even after I update my antivirus it still keeps saying that it is still out of date from Monday.  Also, if I disable everything and click on fix to fix everything nothing happens.  I have to renable protection manually but the antivirus defintions still won't be updated.   I am not sure if it is virus related but can anybody offer any suggestions or help me?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Can you be specific about the string 'Symantec Antivirus and spyware'? What exact product do you have as your security software?
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 harkim

harkim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

Hello

I am using Norton's Symantec Endpoint Protection.  My version is 11.0.6200.754.  I am currently using Windows 7 64 bit.

Thank you

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

SEP 11 is outdated and has crossed the end of support of life. You will have to upgrade it to SEP v12 for getting support.

"On January 5th, 2015, Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11.0.x will reach end of support life. Virus definitions and security updates will cease to be published to LiveUpdate and general support for the product will no longer be provided."

"Endpoint Protection 11.0.x clients will no longer be able to download updates from Symantec LiveUpdate or an internal LiveUpdate Administrator."

src: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH226804
That would explain why you are denied updates. Kindly upgrade to SEP v12.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 07 February 2015 - 12:47 PM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 harkim

harkim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

Wow...thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users