Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected web resource detected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adams369

Adams369

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:25 AM

My bit defender scanner states infected web resource detected. was wondering what this was and is it an infection. I found like one thing on it from the internet. it says something about router configuration compromised or something. I'm dealing with bit defender tech to help out but while im waiting was just wondering if anyone can explain what it is in lamens terms

Edited by hamluis, 07 February 2015 - 08:25 AM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Hi

• Please take a screenshot of the problem (How to take a screenshot)
  • Save it as a picture file (eg .jpg / .gif) to your Desktop using e.g. Paint.
  • Upload the file saved on your desktop to a site like Mediafire
  • Please post the link to the file in your next reply.

Note:
The reasons I ask you to upload the file to a site like Mediafire, instead of posting the picture on BC instead:

1) It would take up a significant portion of your storage allowance.
2) If the picture is subsequently deleted from BC storage, then it would not show in this post anymore.

Edited by dev00790, 08 February 2015 - 10:19 AM.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#3 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hi. It's been 4 days since my last post. Do you still need help?

Regards, dev00790

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#4 Adams369

Adams369
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

my apologies I thought I posted to you. I took the computer into a shop and they fixed it right up for me. my question is how is it you can find a virus that disables your scanners. 

#5 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

my apologies I thought I posted to you. I took the computer into a shop and they fixed it right up for me.

Ok thanks for letting us know :thumbsup2:

my question is how is it you can find a virus that disables your scanners.

I would not be able to advise regarding this. In this subforum members help people who think that there computer(s) may be infected, not teaching them how to find out about functionality of malicious programs and how to find them.

Edited by dev00790, 17 February 2015 - 10:02 PM.

Regards, dev00790

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users