Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unknown users

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrb5162

mrb5162

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

My computer started acting funny. Especially with internet connections. Troubleshooters kept telling me that my settings were correct but something was wrong with my DNS, I couldn't connect to it or something. Well, my proxy is ALWAYS turned off so that is something I always check when having trouble with my internet connection. Occasionally I have found it turned on. I just turn it off and usually have no more problems. This time, my proxy was turned on, I fixed it and was still having problems. I checked my adapter in Device Manager. Sometimes those drivers just need to be updated. This time I had a device driver under Network Adapter that I had never seen before, and my bluetooth devices were gone. I had the manager show All Devices, as sometimes there are hidden system drivers and I wanted to make sure everything looked OK there. There were 3 more drivers added, all saying virtual.... something. I went to services and there were several virtual services running! I've never enabled any virtual or remote services (other than necessary) and here they were all enabled. I quickly disabled the ones I don't use and disabled the virtual drivers. There were some other strange things in Device manager, in SD host adapters and Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Still having problems, although not as bad. More sporadic. I needed to check my user profile to make sure I was still an administrator as I was having trouble with permissions. Lot's of them. Files and folders became moved around until I could almost not use my computer at all and many of them were locked from my user. When I saw my user profiles there were 2 more users. One had my user name with _2 added. When I went into PC info there were 2 more! One was Virtual something with administrator privelidges! One was a Default User which I had never had before. I couldn't delete them, my user had been removed from security settings in many file properties. No wonder. I reset the computer and  everything unusual was fixed except that user that was my name plus _2. My entire computer was being run from this new folder and my regular folder had been pretty much cleared out. All this to say, where did that user come from after being reset? Is it coincidentally the replacement after resetting? Ever since then everything is run from ...._2, and I have had to give it administrator privelidges because though my old user is still there, everything has to go through this new user.

We have had to unplug our router/extender because every now and then it would interfere with our main router by disconnecting it. The extender still worked but the router didn't. Strange. What is going on? It took a almost a year to get to where I'm at. Everything seems to be fine except that "new" user. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users