Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taplika removal.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 kimble7

kimble7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hi all.

I seem to have contracted the Taplika toolbar virus thingy.

See attached logs.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Hello kimble7 and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.

My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

• Please complete all steps in the specified order.
  • Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
  • Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
  • Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
  • Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
  • If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
  • I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
  • As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.

• Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently reviewing your log.I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.Please be patient with me during this time.

:hello:

Sincerely

Best regards

paypal.gif
If you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, then you can consider a donation. Thank you. :thumbup2:
Malware fix forum
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

#3 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Hi kimble7,

Please do the following.

Please uninstall the following via Start->(or Computer)->Control Panel->(Programs)->Programs and Features if it still exists:
Please uninstall the following applications:

ArcadeGiant
WSE_Taplika
AVG Secure Search
Weather Protector
StormWatch
C:\Program Files (x86)\StormWatch

C:\Program Files (x86)\WSE_Taplika
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please go to: VirusTotal
On the page you'll find a "Choose File" button.
Click on the Choose File button.
In the Choose File to Upload window which opens, copy and paste this into the File Name box or folder the contents.

C:\Users\kim\AppData\OICE_15_974FA576_32C1D314_2A58

Next, click the Open button.
Then click the "Scan It!" button just below.
This will scan the file. Please be patient.
If you get a message saying File has already been analyzed: click Reanalyze file now
Once scanned, copy and paste the link to the results page in your next reply.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1:

FRST Script:

Ensure your external and/or USB drives are inserted during the scan

Please download this attached txt.gif  fixlist.txt   10.24KB   0 downloads and save it in the same directory as FRST.

• Start FRST with Administrator privileges.
  • Press the Fix button.
  • When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) pops up and is saved to the same location the tool was run from.
    Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

Step 2:

RKill is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes
so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections.
When RKill runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies
that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were
terminated while the program was running.

As RKill only terminates a program's running process, and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot
your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again.
Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using the requested scans I've included.

Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

• On Windows XP double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • On Windows Vista/Windows 7 or 8, right-click on the Rkill desktop icon and select Run As Administrator
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.

Next >>

Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware:

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click the downloaded setup file and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
  • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
  • Click Finish.

If the program is already installed:

• Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
  • On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
  • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
  • Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
  • If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
  • A Threat Scan will begin.
  • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
  • In most cases, a restart will be required.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
  • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
  • Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply

Have a nice day.

Attached Files

Best regards

paypal.gif
If you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, then you can consider a donation. Thank you. :thumbup2:
Malware fix forum

#4 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Hello kimble7,

3 Day Inactivity
This is the third day since my last post. Are you still there?
If you need more time, just let me know.
If you do not post within 48 hours, this thread will be closed due to inactivity.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#5 kimble7

kimble7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Thank you very much for all your help, my problem is solved  :bananas:

#6 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

How is solved ?

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#7 kimble7

kimble7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Downloaded  AdwCleaner   from this site, did a system sweep, it was a tool bar of some description,

removed it, pc is now running normally. 

#8 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

OK. Well, can we close this thread ?

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#9 kimble7

kimble7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

Yes please  :bounce:

#10 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

OK. Thank you.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#11 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,783 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users