Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How long should I wait for a response on log post?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kerrypn

kerrypn

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hi

I know volunteers are really busy, but I posted a couple of days ago here with FRST logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565664/win32-evo-gen-poss-rootkit/#entry3617430

I am worried about turning on the comp until someone is able to help (im on laptop now), people who have posted after seem to have been helped already-Im really sorry to ask as I know people help out of the goodness of their hearts, but how long should I wait before bumping please?

Thank you xx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help members with malware issues. Although our Malware Removal Team staff members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT/FRST logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.
The BC Staff

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 kerrypn

kerrypn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

OK animal, thank you, im just in my final year of uni and could do with accessing my comp again, I do understand that volunteers are very busy and don't want to jump the queue x I just want to cry :(

Edited by kerrypn, 06 February 2015 - 03:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users