Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aloha

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hawaiian6

hawaiian6

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

Aloha all, my name is hawaiian6 from Hawaii. Nice to meet u all!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

ALOHA.  Spent a few years in Honolulu in the early 70's.  Street view on google maps shows not much has changed, at least not around the Ali Wai or Punch Bowl where I lived.  ALOHA

#3 hawaiian6

hawaiian6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

ALOHA.  Spent a few years in Honolulu in the early 70's.  Street view on google maps shows not much has changed, at least not around the Ali Wai or Punch Bowl where I lived.  ALOHA

Nice,
Why the move? Do you still come back to visit? Have you been to other islands in Hawaii?

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

I arrived in 1970, active duty US Navy homeported at Pearl on a tin can.  Visited Kauaii, Nawiliwili and spent time with friends up in Hanpepe Heights, above Barking Sands.  Between deployments to Viet Nam, organized and directed Civil Defence communications on Oahu.  At the end of active duty in 1974 it was too hard to find work on the island so had to settle for San Fran.  My oldest son was born in Honolulu.  Seems incredible now but I rented a one bedroom furnished apartment, a block from Fort Derussy, for $200. a month.  Easy rent for enlisted crew and had many  from all service branches.  I do wish to return but until I can get the last grown, adult children to flee the nest, it has to await a lottery winning to make it happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users