Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How prepare yourself in general security ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rrocha

Rrocha

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Hi guys, i really like the services that the bleepingcomputer offers in fight against the malwares.
So i know about the program, but until its open a spot what do you recommends to start to develop a good base and know-how by self-paced reading  ?
I know the basic stuff, like networking, maintenance and programming.
and I did read a bit of my own in security, and i know a few pieces of knowledge, like pentest, wifi security... But i would like to understand better.
So i would appreciate a few indications.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rrocha, 05 February 2015 - 07:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Hello Rrocha:

Quietman7 has assembled huge amounts of very good information. Please take all that information seriously.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW, 05 February 2015 - 07:15 PM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:15 PM

It also depends of what exactly you want to understand. The training is oriented towards malware removal, while you want to learn about computer protection and security. So I guess it would help us if you could tell us precisely what you want to learn.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

This should get you started.

Malware Analysis Resources:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016