Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer location

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeb1088

jeb1088

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Dell laptop, win 8.1 - I moved to new state.  How do I get my computer to show searches here rather than old state when doing a google search?

Tks - jb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:09 PM

G'day jeb1088, and Welcome to BC !!

Have a read HERE

Apart from being quite informative, further down the page it states, "

Location, Webcam and Microphone

You can turn on or off location services, your webcam and your microphone from here and even customize what apps can use your location and what can’t."

OR

HERE

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 jeb1088

jeb1088
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

Looked at this but not sure it is what I am trying to change.

When I go to major stores like Lowes, etc., sometimes the store location will be in Nashville, TN.  I am in Statesville, NC - several hundred miles from Nashville.  Some of them I have been able to change to My Store but if it is one I have not been to it shows the above.  Seems computer has been set to Nashville - how do I change it to Statesville.  This is when I am not on wifi - don't know what it would show if there, have never tried it. - jb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users