Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scanning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

hi im running windows 7 professional 64bit,i have a hp laserjet printer scanner,and i have adobe reader installed,but when i scan a document it wont let me make it pdf its scanning as a tiff and i have option to change to jpeg and one or two more but no pdf,someone was saying you cannot scan documents to pdf anymore on windows 7 is that the case?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

someone was saying you cannot scan documents to pdf anymore on windows 7 is that the case?

Hogwash.
I scan documents and save them as a .pdf on a regular basis. In fact, on Feb. 2 I was able to scan and save something as a .pdf

Windows 7 has nothing to do it, at least that is how I see it.
Saving as a certain file type is a function of the printer/scanner.

What is the model number of the HP printer?
Have you been able to save a scanned document as a .pdf in the past?

#3 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

i had xp and  it was giving me th option to save as pdf but have put new windows 7 now and i dont have th option to save as pdf,i can print and scan away no problem,ut they save as tiffs and no option to save as pdf

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

What is the model number of the HP printer?

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

@ Queen Evie  See This

@OP have you tried using the printer's software to do your scanning?  I suspect you are not.  As most all printers that have scanners built in offer a variety of save options with their printer drivers.

If you have already installed the printer drivers and software that came with your printer and have lost the ability to scan to pdf.  You may have some driver issue.  In that case simply reinstalling the printer driver and software may be all you need to do.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:02 AM

That applies to WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN feature. That is what totally different than using a scanner, which is what the OP is using. WINDOWS Fax and Scan is what is not supported in Windows 7, which is what whoever told the OP it could not be done in Windows 7 was referring to.

Since the OP is using a scanner, he should still be able to scan to pdf.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 February 2015 - 11:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users