Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Blue screen (of death?) after login - urgent help please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boleigh

Boleigh

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Hello I need some urgent help 

Toshiba Satellite: Windows 8.1

My wife picked up a malware infection after downloading paint.net 

I tried to clean it up using MWB and adwcleaner - which asked for a reboot. 

Following reboot when I try to login now all I get is a blue screen and a mouse cursor. I can't do anything. 

She is a teacher and needs this urgently. 

Many thanks in advance. 

David 

Edited by hamluis, 05 February 2015 - 12:36 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Try a System Restore as below:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/How-To-Understanding-System-Restore-Refresh-Reset-and-Recovery/ta-p/342690

"

THROUGH F12 AT STARTUP

To access the System Restore, Refresh and Reset options using the F12 option at startup, perform the following:

1. If not already, ensure the computer is completely shut down. How To: Shut Down a Laptop with Windows 8
  2. Now restart the computer by pressing the power button - IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F12 key on the keyboard until the "Boot Menu" screen appears.
  3. Using the arrow keys, select <HDD Recovery> and press "Enter".
  4. On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select "Yes".
  5. The computer will bring you to the Advanced startup screen.
  6. Select Troubleshoot. Under Troubleshoot you will see “Refresh” and “Reset”.
  7. Select “Advanced options.” Located here is "System Restore."

"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users