Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Issues, Toshiba Satellite Windows 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 lechon

lechon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

Toshiba Satellite P755

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

While using the Internet the other day, and had the computer speakers muted, when I heard a very faint and slow-paced beeping sound.  I thought maybe it was a watch alarm buried under some laundry.  Suddenly, the volume and tempo of the beeping increased alarmingly until the computer was basically screaming.  The wireless connection was interrupted and connectivity did not automatically return.  After the wireless was interrupted, the beeping volume and pace again decreased and eventually stopped.  I turned the wireless adapter on and off a few times, and was able to reconnect after a few minutes.  This has happened three or four times.

Yesterday, the wireless bars did not appear in the system tray, but the computer with network cable icon with red X.  Strangely, I was able to connect to the Internet, but the icon did not change to the wireless bars.  Once I restarted, the problem went away.

I haven't done anything to diagnose or troubleshoot this problem.  I checked the vendor website for software updates, but everything is current.

Thanks for your time!

lechon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Replied here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565738/slowstuck-startup-toshiba-satellite-windows-7/

Closed this.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users