Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for paid Cloud Backup ideas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twinenginegirl

twinenginegirl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hi all!

I'm looking to see if anyone has any ideas about Cloud Backup as most of the reviews out there are based on what's cheap.  I'm really not looking for that, I'm looking for it to do what I need it to do.

My main machine (I have WAY too many computers) is a desktop Mac with a 2 TB hard drive.  I've been playing with computers since the early 90's so I have a decent amount of information that I keep and I like it that way.  Up until recently, I've used Carbonite and supposedly paid for their "full image".  That didn't work out so well for me and I'm starting to have the same issues again.  So I'll state that I need a system that will back up and KEEP backed up whatever file types *I* put in the backup as long as they remain on my computer.  I need all the normal things (music, pictures, documents) along with things like .exe files, fonts, user created system files, whatever, etc.  No malware or anything bad.  I also use a local External HDD for Time Machine backups.

Does anyone have any recommendations of companies that will back up what I need? Or am I just dreaming?

I recently lost a hard drive and thought I was backed up, only to discover that most of my work and all of my purchased programs, fonts, etc had been deleted from my back up. (and yes, I had specifically gone through and said specifically to back this file up.) I'm now working may way through a foot high stack of CDs and DVDs trying to see how much of it can be recovered.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:12 AM

Well, hello there.....

I can recommend those, those are handsome and cute:

1. Dropbox.

2. Mozy.

3. Yandex.

I would pick Mozy. It's a UK company, and it is based on a cute 1-2 click interface for most of home users and young girls. If you would pay Mozy for a 2 Year Backup - you would pay in a prestiege firm and would get all high quality there. Their 24/7 phone support is always there as well, very handy - all and everything is there for your comfort and enjoyment and pleasure.

Mozy I recommend. Luck!

P.S. Do you need software advisories? I am a software analytic and know everything and most well.

Also, what is your Operating System(s)? What are all your PCs?

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:50 AM

Hello there,

If you are looking for a good cloud backup solution, I would suggest Crashplan. They have encryption (so the cloud owner can't look at what's inside your backup), revisioning (if you accidently backed up corrupted files for example then you can revert it) and also have a reasonable price.

Alex

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

I thought you'd say Dropbox like others. *thumb up*

It's really gaining in popularity now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users