Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to make a copy of a MRI Disc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

Hello everyone,

My one doctor needs me to make a copy of the MRI Disc I have so he can upload it onto the computer system at his office. My problem is the software program that I Normally would use to do that, the Free Trial Period Expired! 

My questions are:

1) What free software programs are available, that will be able to copy a MRI disc to a blank disc?

2) I forget how to copy one disc to a blank disc!  :oopsign:Can someone please provide me with directions?  :hysterical:

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Try 'Free Easy Burner' from Koyote. It's a good basic CD / DVD burner and it'ss a free download. Very easy to use.

http://www.koyotesoft.com/

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Thanks, I will give it a try.

I went to download and install it, but I would have to Install another program with it that I do not want nor do I need! So I decided NOT to install it!  The program is a "Movie Trailer" Viewer App for Firefox.  To me that is BS, I know that is what helps keep the program "Free", But I do not want the "Movie Trailer" viewer app nor do I need it! It is a good way for Viruses, Malware and Spam to enter Computers! I think that is How my computer got so "Screwed Up" in the first place!  With all of the "Add-On" programs that are added on to the original program that you download!

Edited by Groffeaston, 08 February 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

It didn't do that the last time I had to re-install it, thanks for the info.

I'll have another look at it and if it there is no 'Custom' install where you can dodge this sort of thing it will be off my 'suggest' list. Pity, it is actually a very good little application for simple tasks like writing an audio CD or data DVD and, from time to time, I ship a lot of data around.

There are quite a few of these around - google for something like 'freeware CD burners', you may find something that suits you better.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

Hello there Chris,

Yes, I was NOT even given the option to either Install or Not Install the "Movie Trailer App".  And yes I did check and read the "pop-up" box that showed up. It said I would have to install the "Movie Trailer App" to continue with the Download. So I clicked "Cancel" to stop the installation process! 

I think a lot of companies are doing that now with their "free" programs. At one time they used to "hide" these "add-on" programs. then they gave you the option to either "download and install" or not to. But then a couple companies said we are not going to give you the option you have to download and install the "add-on".  Make the Company A LOT MORE $$$$$!! But to me it is :horse:  , forcing me to download and install an "add-on" that I do not want, just so I can get the "Free" Program! Oh well. Sorry for the rant! :ranting:

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:25 AM

Try http://www.burnaware.com/download.html

Tekken

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

That is now definite -'Free Easy Burner' is off my recommend list. Nor only is this movie player an obligatory download, both times I tried to download it - from different sources - I got a malware warning from my AV as well.

A pity because it itself is a good product but there are a number of others out there as jhayz as pointed out.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Why not copy the content to the computer, then put in a blank CD right click the folder and send it to the CD.  For that you do not need an outside program.  I am a cancer patient and have been copying my Med CD's for a couple of years now, when done I just delete the folder. 

Edited by OldPhil, 22 February 2015 - 10:35 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#9 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

Why not copy the content to the computer, then put in a blank CD right click the folder and send it to the CD.  For that you do not need an outside program.  I am a cancer patient and have been copying my Med CD's for a couple of years now, when done I just delete the folder. 

It has been a while since I did it that way. lol  I used to just click on "Copy Disc" and it would copy the whole disc, but the program I used for that was a free trial version and that free trial period ran out! That is why I asking about a free program to copy the disc.  I will try copying to computer and then burning to disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users