Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Working on a new repair tool.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

Hey guys. I've been in the pc repair business for some time now and I'm making a new windows os application that removes malware, adware, etc. As well as has quick links to various system tools, a repair wizard and some automated fixes for windows update problems and others.
It's coded primarily in vb.net.

I'm looking for experienced people willing to help contribute ideas, time, code?, support, etc.

As it stands it's free ware but obviously at some point the end goal is to have a premium paid version.

I already have the ability to disable services, kill applications, uninstall applications, etc coded.

I'm also very experienced in Photoshop and design.

My main goal is to speed up the viral/adware/os repair process drastically.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

question! does it "forcibly" uninstall the application? or does it simply use the application's built-in uninstall method? because i need something that will nuke the application. my old computer has a program that WILL NOT uninstall, I have tried everything. I particularly enjoy using Revo Uninstaller, since it also seeks out associated files and registry items to delete, but it uses the application's built-in method, so it doesn't work. also, what are you going to call it?

#3 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

It uses the built in uninstallers like revo does but if it's malware it straight up removes the program. It also can force removal of applications by seeking out the registry entries, killing the running applications or services, and deleting the program data from its installation root.

Not sure on the name yet. Lots of functionality is already completed.

#4 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

you are speaking magic to me.

1.please tell me more about this tool!

2.what else have you made?

3.would you happen to know a fix for when a windows 8 computer won't stop restarting/refreshing/flashing its Metro-start screen? i use CMD to taskkill explorer.exe, it but beyond that I haven't done the research to fix it. short of reformating/reinstalling windows i haven't fixed it at all. got something in your tool for that?

Edited by HuleoAmadaeus, 05 February 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#5 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Not sure on 8/8.1 flashing it's start screen. Try installing Classic shell and do away with the metro view.

However, killing and restarting explorer.exe can be done within the application killer and is also a step within the repair wizard.

More info on the tool? Let's talk about the current setup of the repair wizardcurrent status is for trained professionals only because it will download and run fresh versions of some tools that really should only be used in a guided repairI want to do away with these other tools and get similar functionally programmed under the hood.
Step one sets a restore point, step two kills applications and has buttons to launch power options, performance settings and Internet options for quick access to adjusting for optimized settings. Step 3 has buttons for msconfig, task scheduler and the built in startup manager. Step 4 has buttons for appwiz.cpl and the built in uninstaller. Step 5 begins automated repair process which will download and execute tdsskiller. Once that has finished when you open the program next it moves on to the next tool, downloads it and runs it and so on until all tools have been ran.
As an additional step it launches a form with information on how to do browser cleanup and software updater within avast as well as a button that will download avast and run the installer.

I want to do away with the use of tdsskiller, adwcleaner, etc being downloaded.
I would also like to add functionality for browser cleanup and software updater within the program so the user will only have to use the avast built in ones as a last resort type deal.

#6 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

1.please tell me more about this tool!

2.what else have you made?

3.would you happen to know a fix for when a windows 8 computer won't stop restarting/refreshing/flashing its Metro-start screen? i use CMD to taskkill explorer.exe, it but beyond that I haven't done the research to fix it. short of reformating/reinstalling windows i haven't fixed it at all. got something in your tool for that?

I've coded various programs over the years. I started out with Java years ago because I always wanted to learn to code windows applications, after realizing that Java was mainly web based I moved on to vb6 years ago when I reached out to the creator of No.5 fader and he suggested it. I then made the jump to c, made some apps the hard way and then finally have settled in with visual studiovb.net and aslo made a LOT of c# applications.
I made a packet sniffer when I was 20.
I've made various registry tweak programs and windows OS optimizers back in the xp days.
I also made an AI BOT that was used in chatrooms(would respond to commands, triggers, and also had built in trivia and more).
And I also made a nifty little startup protection app that would monitor programs being added to startup and prompt the user if they would like to allow the app to be added. If they click deny it would delete the startup registry key for that specific application.

Edited by ChiefTech, 05 February 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#7 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Not sure on 8/8.1 flashing it's start screen. Try installing Classic shell and do away with the metro view.

However, killing and restarting explorer.exe can be done within the application killer and is also a step within the repair wizard.

More info on the tool? Let's talk about the current setup of the repair wizardcurrent status is for trained professionals only because it will download and run fresh versions of some tools that really should only be used in a guided repairI want to do away with these other tools and get similar functionally programmed under the hood.
Step one sets a restore point, step two kills applications and has buttons to launch power options, performance settings and Internet options for quick access to adjusting for optimized settings. Step 3 has buttons for msconfig, task scheduler and the built in startup manager. Step 4 has buttons for appwiz.cpl and the built in uninstaller. Step 5 begins automated repair process which will download and execute tdsskiller. Once that has finished when you open the program next it moves on to the next tool, downloads it and runs it and so on until all tools have been ran.
As an additional step it launches a form with information on how to do browser cleanup and software updater within avast as well as a button that will download avast and run the installer.

I would also like to add functionality for browser cleanup and software updater within the program so the user will only have to use the avast built in ones as a last resort type deal.

well the problem is even with Classic Shell, metro still exists, and i think its when users hit a particular update on certain computers, it makes explorer.exe go berserk. and of course that makes it hard/impossible to work any programs. thus why i fall back to taskmanager's run and CMD. i just know there is a method for some tool to go and fix it, but so far i've only seen mixed success stories and like i said i'm a little lazy on the research for it lol. 

as for the program, it sounds like you are talking about your (program here). i tested it out last night, i must say i quite like it. and i in fact thoroughly enjoy that it installs and runs rkill tdsskiller and adwcleaner, those are some in my arsenal for customer cleanups. i do wish however that they installed all at once, or if techkit automatically continued working, like by having a screen that said "RECOMMENDED TO RUN TOOL FIRST THEN HIT NEXT" or something like that. steps 2,3 and 4 seem to be somewhat manual based, which of course is fine, but only for trained people like you and me. if you want it sold to customers, its going to have to be made more automatic. (believe me i'm sure you are aware about what its like trying to teach people how to use computers. I mean after all, ALL the users on this website are in at least the top half percentile who know how to use computers more than facebook, documents, bills, etc.) but as i said i was very impressed otherwise. If you are interested i would actually like to be a beta tester for you. 

Edited by HuleoAmadaeus, 05 February 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#8 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

I also made an AI BOT that was used in chatrooms(would respond to commands, triggers, and also had built in trivia and more).

lol i did that on IRC.Rizon, mine was a security bot, (bouncer) kept the drama out of the channel. course it was never as good as me though. once i learned the chatroom security measures, i was pretty good at the banhammer. i was the one called to help in other channels. been a long time though, been years since i've officially been on. eh, everybody moved on anyway

#9 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

well the problem is even with Classic Shell, metro still exists, and i think its when users hit a particular update on certain computers, it makes explorer.exe go berserk. and of course that makes it hard/impossible to work any programs. thus why i fall back to taskmanager's run and CMD. i just know there is a method for some tool to go and fix it, but so far i've only seen mixed success stories and like i said i'm a little lazy on the research for it lol. 

as for the program, it sounds like you are talking about your techkit v3. i tested it out last night, i must say i quite like it. and i in fact thoroughly enjoy that it installs and runs rkill tdsskiller and adwcleaner, those are some in my arsenal for customer cleanups. i do wish however that they installed all at once, or if techkit automatically continued working, like by having a screen that said "RECOMMENDED TO RUN TOOL FIRST THEN HIT NEXT" or something like that. steps 2,3 and 4 seem to be somewhat manual based, which of course is fine, but only for trained people like you and me. if you want it sold to customers, its going to have to be made more automatic. (believe me i'm sure you are aware about what its like trying to teach people how to use computers. I mean after all, ALL the users on this website are in at least the top half percentile who know how to use computers more than facebook, documents, bills, etc.) but as i said i was very impressed otherwise. If you are interested i would actually like to be a beta tester for you. 

Yes, I am talking about techkit. How did you link that back to me and find it? LOL. I purposefully did not want to disclose the name for various reasons. 

And yes, I do want to automate the majority of the manual steps and eliminate some of the tech only tools.

Beta testing would be great. Feel free to private message me here with beta feedback, or respond to this topic with any issues you've noticed. It's really still in beta and the program already has update features so when i push an update through you will get it so long as you install the update.

FYI - I am aware that there are issues with the icons in the listviews for the uninstaller, and the start up manager. I've been adding functionality and haven't fixed that bug yet.

lol i did that on IRC.Rizon, mine was a security bot, (bouncer) kept the drama out of the channel. course it was never as good as me though. once i learned the chatroom security measures, i was pretty good at the banhammer. i was the one called to help in other channels. been a long time though, been years since i've officially been on. eh, everybody moved on anyway

Yeah i used to do that as well, with no moderators someone had to keep all the a-holes out of the rooms. Mind you this was ages ago...Lol.

#10 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

IKR! LOL!

i did notice a problem with a script "not running", but i'm going to run it on another computer to see if i get the same result and let you know

as for how i traced it back to you: I'm not in the top half percentile....(insert evil laughter here) I am in the top ....8th percentile? idk but I have a logic based brain and i play around with a lot of programs.

.....its also all over your profile, program name and website LOL!

Edited by HuleoAmadaeus, 05 February 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#11 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

IKR! LOL!

i did notice a problem with a script "not running", but i'm going to run it on another computer to see if i get the same result and let you know
Are you talking about within the browser? That's common I had to eliminate the WebKit I was using for the stand alone browser and use the crappy ie browser from within visual studio.
Also after running combofix you have to reboot the pc or it won't work properly.
Sometimes if the program runs it will hang when trying to launch as admin and you have to close the program when you get the .net error.

Still hella impressed by how you linked the tool back to me. LOL

Edited by ChiefTech, 05 February 2015 - 01:25 PM.

#12 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:46 PM

I was thinking about it and you should try and see if this fixes your problem.

Try performing a clean boot. Information on how to do so can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
If that doesn't solve your problem you will most likely have to use the 'Refresh your pc without effecting my files' option.
To do so follow these instructions here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
Additionally you can try to run sfc /scannow and see if that solves problems before doing a refresh.

Edited by ChiefTech, 05 February 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#13 TazzyOpz

TazzyOpz

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:07 AM

This tool seems interesting.  :thumbup2: 

question! does it "forcibly" uninstall the application? or does it simply use the application's built-in uninstall method? because i need something that will nuke the application. my old computer has a program that WILL NOT uninstall, I have tried everything. I particularly enjoy using Revo Uninstaller, since it also seeks out associated files and registry items to delete, but it uses the application's built-in method, so it doesn't work. also, what are you going to call it?

I believe iObit Uninstaller can nuke uninstall a program. It gives you the option whether you want to use the applications uninstaller or have iObit force uninstall it.

You could try giving that a go? I've used it in the past with much success.

Software Developer & Malware Analyst
Programming Langues: VB.net, C#, Java, & HTML.
Reverse Engineering/Tracking Tool familiarity: Ollydbg, IDA, CE, & Wireshark
My Website

#14 ChiefTech

ChiefTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:29 AM

I have revamped the tool into something much greater than it was.

I'm looking for people willing to assist with beta testing via teamviewer sessions.

Currently looking for slow/infected machines or machines with adware or spyware installed on them.

These OS versions: Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 & Windows 10.

If you're interested in having your system cleaned and would like to assist with bug testing let me know.

#15 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

Just run them in victuals mate, infect them your self and then just blow the vm's away once you are happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users