Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing & Sound Looping [Logs Included]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jacobthebrown

Jacobthebrown

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hi! I recently built a new desktop computer and after a while a probably started reaccurring at what seems to be times completely random. Usually I never have to ask for help with things relating to computers but since multiple brains are better than one and I've been trying to fix this for weeks I thought I'd try getting help for you guys/gals!

Basically at random, the computer will lockup and freeze. While it is frozen and not responding to input if any audio was playing bits of sounds continually play in a super slowed distorted manner.

Also in Event Viewer this error commonly accurs with the freezing but not always.

Warning: DNS Client Events

Name resolution for the name data.cnn.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Error: DHCPv6-Client

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xE8DE273E69DB.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Error: DHCPv6-Client
Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 2601:b:5a01:af0:eade:27ff:fe3e:69db on the Network Card with network address 0xE8DE273E69DB.

Warning: DNS Client Events
Name resolution for the name data.cnn.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Repeat 2x

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Jacobthebrown, 04 February 2015 - 07:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

First update the BIOS settings and check the hardware properly. After checking all these things, scan your computer  with the computer cleaning software and an antivirus.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

cmd will appear in the results above the search box, right click on this and choose Run as administrator.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  When it is open copy and paste the two commands below one at a time and press Enter after each command.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Restart the computer

Edited by dc3, 05 February 2015 - 09:27 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

1.  First update the BIOS settings and check the hardware properly.

2.  After checking all these things,

3.  scan your computer  with the computer cleaning software and an antivirus.

1.  You do not need to update the BIOS unless you have hardware which needs the update in order to operate properly, or if the manufacturer of the motherboard has a update for the specific motherboard.

2.  Checking what things?  

3.  If you are going to suggest running any scans you should be specific in what you want run.  If you are requesting that malware or antivirus programs be run you should also request that the logs be posted in the original poster's next post.  

You should also be aware that if you request malware or antivirus scans be run, this will cause this topic to be moved to the Am I Infected forum since these scans can not be run in the Windows forums.

I hope this is helpful. :thumbup2:

Edited by dc3, 05 February 2015 - 09:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Jacobthebrown

Jacobthebrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Hey guys thanks for all the input, I'll be troubleshooting with all these suggestions when I get home and post the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users