Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

daughter had virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Beth102

Beth102

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

OK my daughter just got virus in computer...she just got an ASUS and set it up yesterday...computer would not open last night...somehow she said Mcafree popped up gaver her a number to call...she called it...it was supposed to be Microsoft. The guy helped her over the phone to clean the computer and she has NOD32 Antivirus installed on it. i was upset bwecause I would NEVER call a number that jumped up from a message like that, and she paid a good bit of money for this guy to work with her overl the phone.

Now the day before this happened I had a virus of some sort...that Malwarebytes did not remove automatically and it gave me the option to delete two files which I did.  I then ran NOD32 Antivirus scan on my computer it came up clean.

MY QUESTION, if my daughter and I are using the same wifi, can viruses or bugs jump from one computer to another over the wifi?  Let me know the answer to this.

QUESTION TWO:  One of the things I deleted on my computer was an ANdroid virus...I have a Samsung Galaxy III. Does this mean I should stay off the wifi with my phone and how do clean something off a Samsung Galaxy?  Do I go to Verizon phone center?

I can go to Microcenter store myself and they will clean my computer for free I am not sure I need to do that.

QUESTION 3:   I will run more scans on this one. Tonight I will come back to this site and run software to see if it picks something up...Please tell me what that is as I forget now...

Thanks

Beth

Edited by hamluis, 04 February 2015 - 05:09 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users