Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows stops my video card from working (Code 43)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 martdiamond

martdiamond

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hello everyone, the last couple of days I've struggled with updating Windows but after a clean install it finally managed to do it. This however did not fix my original problem which was that my video card's drivers weren't recognized anymore and my video card stopped working. 

I have a laptop with two Video Cards (switches between them according to the Graphics needed at anytime) as is not that uncommon I suppose. After the clean install and updating of windows I still got a pop up message that my video card has been stopped working. When I check under Device Manager it shows that both video cards have stopped working with error code 43. I have the following two video cards:

- AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

After the clean install I updated my drivers to the recommended version (14.2 I think). I did a bit of googling before coming here and I came across some suggestions that I should update my Chipset Drivers. As I understand it these chipset drivers are the drivers for my motherboard and updating them could fix the problem. After that I downloaded CPU-Z to see what motherboard I have:

- Chipset: AMD 785GX

- Southbridge: AMD SB800

I tried looking for these chipset drivers, but can't find them on the AMD website (which is horrendous to navigate by the way) and am therefore a bit stuck. My questions to you are:

- Will updating my Chipset Drivers help with my problem? 

- Where can I find the correct files?

- Is there something else I should do/have done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

You should be getting drivers for your version of Windows...from the laptop manufacturer's website, if such are available.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users