Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wii wireless sensor options

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

I have a wii and plan to hook it up to a projector that displays on a big screen.

The problem though with this setup is that the sensor is not long enough to reach

the front of the screen, or if it does, the wire is out in the open ready for anyone to accidentally

trip over it and knock the console down or the sensor.  It's a real hassle.

So I read about the 2 candles trick.  It's not bad, but I don't like the idea of leaving burning

candles around the house and around kids playing.  I read that basically all the sensor does

is emit IR light and the remote can detect it to triangulate its position to the console via bluetooth.

I'm wondering, are there any other ways to emit IR light without burning candles?  Would some sort of

IR light bulb work? Do they sell such a thing?   My last option is to just buy a 3rd party wireless sensor

that requires 4 AA batteries to work.

I would like to know if there are any other devices that emit IR light that I could use instead of 2 candles?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

Yes, therevis IR lights, used in night vision alot.  They even have a IR chemlight.  used them all the time in the Military.  IR is just a freq of light we cant see, so any IR light source will enhance this.  Most motion detectors use IR, so do sliding auto doors.

I fast searched Amazon.com and found a bunch.  Camera ones seem a good bet.

hope that helps

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

You don't need candles or a generic IR bulb. You can get an offbrand Wii Remote Sensor Bar for cheap. Some come with longer cables I believe. You can also use one that is powered by USB. The Sensor Bar is just a set of IR bulbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users