Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootmgr Missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lilium

Lilium

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

Hi.

My Raid1 array has been in degraded status for some time now. Now the status says failed and under physical disks the "Type/Status(Vol ID) says "Error Occurred(0)".

Apparently my Bootmgr is missing it says. Using Windows 7. Intel Matrix Storage Manager. I've read that this error can be false and the result of another issue. Bad sector, bad sata cable, outdated BIOS ver, etc... In which order should I try those solutions?

Thanks.

Tempus Fugit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hello, 

Can you name the brand of your HDDs and give info about your PC components? I assume you have two internal HDDs in RAID1.  You can try to boot to the System Recovery Options screen and select the Startup Repair option. If repair doesn't work take a look at this topic:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/6ed9ddea-492b-4977-808e-f8196774c1d9/bootmgr-is-missing?forum=w7itprogeneral

You can run a check on both disks for bad sectors, preferably using utility from your manufacturer. Also try to reconfiguring RAID, update BIOS and check all internal connections. 

I hope this was helpful, but feel free to ask further questions so we can clear the problem. 

Citizen_WD 

#3 Lilium

Lilium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

The raid1 array was degraded. Only one 320gb Western Digital hard drive.

A new option appeared in my Intel Matrix Storage Manager to recover the array. I selected yes and it reverted back to a degraded array from a failed array. I just booted back to my desktop. I'll see how long this lasts. Thank you for the input Citizen_WD.

Edited by Lilium, 04 February 2015 - 11:49 AM.

Tempus Fugit

#4 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

Hi, 

I'm glad that things worked out for you, but you should still check your HDDs for errors, since this may have been the reason for problem in the first place, and just to be on the safe side. 
 Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need help, Citizen_WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users