Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D-Link Router/Modem keeps disconnecting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SylarZero

SylarZero

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

I recently got a new modem/router hybrid, and for some reason it doesn't always want to work.  

It's a D-Link modem/router with Verizon DSL.  My computer is Windows 7 Professional.

Whenever I first turn my computer on in the morning, my router/modem will not connect.  I have to turn my router/modem off, and then back on for it to connect.  

If I connect another device in another room (say... 20 feet away), it'll also disconnect.  

I have a wired (ethernet) connection to my computer, and a wireless connection to anything else.  Most of the rest of the time, it works fine.  But if I hook a device up in another room it will often disconnect me.  I can be in this room on multiple devices, and it's fine.  But for some reason connecting it in the other room turns it off.

Anything I should look into that might be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

It would help more if you provided the dlink router model so we can look up possible issues with it.  It may also help to be sure your router has any updated firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users