Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Icons blinks several times!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marioo

Marioo

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

I am worried about virus because whenever I click on a icon  to load  all my icons on desktop blinks several times until the loaded icon is finished is it a sort of virus?? Can any bary help me out please????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

Is your operating system up to date? Are all of your drivers current? What security program is installed and is it current?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

Well  I think surely i have all updates installed except  windows power shell 3.0  but I think it does not have to do with that

My drives are updated through windows update .!!!   Should I have another program for this purpose???

Yes I have avast free antivirus and it always advise me about  several issues!!! and avast is uptodate so far!!!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

My opinion is that Windows Update should NOT be used to update/obtain drivers.  The manufacturer of the system or the motherboard would be my choice of locations from which to obtain drivers.

Louis

#5 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

I had iobit driver update but have deleted it for a while.........shoul i  intall it agains

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

I had iobit driver update but have deleted it for a while.........shoul i  intall it agains

warning.gifDriver Updater Warning!
I see that you're using a "Driver Updater" program, which can be harmful for your system and is totally useless. I'll explain you how it works under Windows when it comes to drivers, other people might disagree with me, but over the time, I've experienced with so many drivers related issues and these programs that it becames an obvious big no in my head. Think of drivers as "middleman" between the hardware and the software. They are what the software use to communicate with the hardware and vice-versa. When you update your your drivers (except for the GPU ones), you do not really increase their performance at all. You cannot boost an hardware component level over the level it has been conceived on (when you overclock a CPU or a GPU, or even your RAM, the capabilities of overclocking are present on the hardware, just not enabled), so even if you update your drivers, you won't get any real "boost" of performance on your system. When a driver update is released, it's mainly to address a bug or an issue in the precedent driver version. If you didn't encounter a single issue with your current drivers, then you have no need to update them to their latest version. This is because the bug present on these drivers might only affect a certain brand of computer, laptop, when it works with a specific software, service, I/O interaction, etc. In other words, I could relate it to a pretty common expression "Why change it (or upgrade it) if it still works perfectly fine?". Then comes what we call the "Driver Updaters". You'll notice that under Windows, and many other OS, a lot of people create software that tries to tell you that you "need" something. You need something more that you don't have. And this is exactly the case of Driver Updater software. They try to tell you that if you keep all your drivers up to date, your system will run faster and always be performant. And if you understood my explanation above, you'll see that it's not true, hence this is "false advertising". The goal of these software are to make you download them, since they are either paid by the download they have, or they bundle other applications and programs in their installers (which we call foistware). The author of the program is paid by these foistware maker to include their program in his program installer. Therefore, you end up installing one product that contained 3 or 4 others and just "bloated" down your system. Also, most of them will ask you to "pay" in order to unlock more benefits or better updates, which is totally false. Drivers updates are totally free from your hardware manufacturer website or your computer/laptop manufacturer website. And this brings anothing point, we don't know where these programs downloads their drivers from. Are they really downloading the drivers they say they download and install? Are they really downloading them from the manufacturer's website? Who knows. There's been some tests that have been done by other reputable websites, like HowToGeek, who tested these Driver Update programs. On a fresh installation of Windows, with the most updated drivers from the manufacturer, the program would report that tons of drivers were outdated and needed to be updated. How is it possible? It's not, it's just inventing that in order to push you to use the software and ultimately buy it. In a whole, you could say these software as a big scam. The same goes for "PC Boosters", "PC Optimizers", "Registry Cleaners" (which are dangerous to use by the way), etc. It looks like I have a total hate of these programs and I'll be honest, I do. But I'm not hating for no reason on them, I'm hating on them because I know them, I know how they "work", I know that they don't work like they say and overall, I know that they cause way more issues than they solve. Therefore, I strongly suggest you to uninstall any "Driver Updater" program you currently have installed, for the well-being of your system.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

It is allright to me now......but I still have the problem......should I run repair dvd in this case???

sk >> mariooinrio

Edited by Marioo, 06 February 2015 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users