Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reimage and Mozilla

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RC5000

RC5000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

A few weeks ago I downloaded a file from a link; I shouldn't have. I still have the link but it's bad. So, I used Kaspersky to clean things up and also ADWCleaner which seemed to work. The whatever it was besides being very active (I should have immediately turned off the modem but like an idiot I didn't), also reset my default search engine to Trovi.com etc. OK, pretty much cleaned up. A friend of mine recommended ComboFix which I also used yesterday. It was pretty busy and deleted a lot of stuff (but I'm not sure what they were; lots from temp folders). Anyway, Chrome and IE run OK now. HOWEVER, when I installed FireFox, it comes up with the junk in the attached image. So I'm not sure what the problem with Mozllla is. Any suggestions?

RON

Edit: Topic moved from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Try running AdwCleaner again.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#3 RC5000

RC5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

Didn't work. Downloaded Mozilla fresh install, installed it and again, same thing. Trying Malwarebytes.

Edited by RC5000, 03 February 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

You could try creating a new Firefox profile.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#5 RC5000

RC5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Apparently (and I say that tentatively) MalWareBytes worked. Found a ton of Zoompic files and quarantined them all. Just ran Firefox and so far no issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users