Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-Installing with no serial number

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ndonaldson2912

ndonaldson2912

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

Hi,

Have a laptop running Vista, it's running fine but needs a clean install to clear old files etc. The sticker underneath with serial code is Wore away. Is there any way that the code can be retrieved before reinstalling.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sage19

sage19

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

If you had an OEM Vista disk for your brand laptop it wouldn't require you to enter the licence key. If you contact them usually for a fee they will send you a copy of the disk. If they won't due to the age of vista there are methods to make an all in one oem detecting iso.  Not sure where I got the files from as I built my disk quite a while ago. Isn't a crack or anything, just a combination of all the OEM activations you build into one image. Still, not sure if I can't link to the instructions even if I could find the download, can anyone clarify yes or no for me on that?

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

You can get your key with Advanced Token Manager and it also backs up your activation files. You need to have .NET to run it though. If you do not have .NET then use Magical Jellybean Keyfinder. You can install using an OEM key on a retail disk but you need to use phone activation. It's possible the Advanced Token Manager may allow you to not use phone activation but I can't confirm that.

#4 ndonaldson2912

ndonaldson2912
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately i dont have the OEM disc for the laptop so I would have to use an alternative method.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

How to Download a Vista ISO and Create an Installation DVD or USB.
Make sure you only create the same one as you currently have installed ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users