Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook/Laptop for Programming and Gaming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sativaxd

Sativaxd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:25 AM

Hey People,

this is my first Post i hope i do everything right. Well, i already have a Desktop Gaming PC with enough Power, i have a Tablet and an Smartphone and a few Laptops.
As you already read, i want to buy an Netbook for Programming, a small Laptop would be nice too, but it has to be as small as possible and still have enough Power to programm on.
I know, that i wont need much Power for Programming, but i'll run a few VM's and need a few gigs for them. So atleast 4GB would be really nice. But now the hard part on choosing it,
i would like to have more then Intels HD Graphic Chip, and the APUs from AMD are.. well.. not so nice i think, i have a 2. Desktop PC with A6 APU, and i wouldnt recommend it.

I want to spend about 700€.

I have already found a few kinda good solutions i think, but i can imagine there are better solutions for me.

The OS isnt important, i'll install Linux and Windows anyways, so a Netbook / Small Laptop without OS is fine too.

http://shop.lenovo.com/de/de/laptops/lenovo/flex/flex-2-14/?sb=:000001D4:0004282D:#tab-customize

(I dont really want that Touchscreen, and Tablet mode Features, but it still was the cheapest solution with the best hardware i found.)

Now in short again:

Budget is ~700€

i5 or higher,

4GB RAM or more,

Windows, Linux or no OS,

Nvidia or AMD Graphic solution
Less then 15" Display (If possible Full HD ofcourse, but not important)

I hope you guys can help me find something better, i mean, if i just take the hardware from the Lenovo (Link), and remove the Touchscreen stuff, it would be perfect and should cost about 50-100€ less. Or am i so wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sativaxd

Sativaxd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:49 AM

Im sorry for the german link, it seems like its not available in US or UK.

The laptop have this specs:

Intel Core i5-4210U (2 x 1,70GHz 1600MHz 3MB)

Windows 8.1 64
NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2GB

8 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

14,0" FHD IPS LED Backlit 1920x1080

128GB SSD

4 Cell Li-Cylindrical

Bluetooth-Version 4.0

699€

And i forgot to mention, the games i  would play are for example League of Legends and COD6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users