Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extracting a utube video into a link

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

I notice that there are programs for Firefox like video download helper that extract videos from utube so you can download them into files. I want to extract the video and maintain it as a link.  My company created a page of videos which customers will never access. I want to convert some of them into tiny url links so I can send them to my team for use. I can right click on the video itself but when I play that link, it installs as a Utube video with the associated comments and ads. I simply want to copy the video into a clean link. What's the best solution?

Edited by godzilla1347, 03 February 2015 - 02:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:17 AM

Host the videos yourself.

#3 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

I don't know how to do that.  In the past, there was a program I think I remember using that extracted the embedded video link from Utube and allowed me to play that link without the utube ads and comments. The actual video from the company's site does that too but when I right click on the video once opening it, the link that comes up is a utube link not the pristine link the company plays.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

VideoLan is great free option to host them yourself.

The source will always be YouTube in your current situation, I'm not aware of a way to hide this.

#5 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

I found a solution. You can use Netvideohunter, right click on the video and that creates the pristine link. This particular link was over 800 characters long. I then went to tinyurl.com and created a small link for it and it works.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

That's a video downloader. The link it creates is to download via the application? If you don't have that application installed it doesn't work?

#7 godzilla1347

godzilla1347
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

That's what I thought would happen too but it extracted the link that was imbedded and separated all the utube nonsense from the actual video plus it supplied me with the link once I right clicked on the header for that extraction. The link worked fine and this solved my problem.

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

Wow thanks... Interesting.

The More You Know :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users