Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail/Hotmail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vegreville41

Vegreville41

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

A week ago suddenly I was unable to open any emails in Windows Live Mail/Hotmail.  I can see all the messages are listed but cannot open them.  I get a message saying "A problem occurred while trying to open this message" every time I try to open a message.  I can open the messages if I go online under https:// but not under my email.  I looked at the Microsoft site and tried all the things they suggested.  I uninstalled Windows Live Mail and reinstalled it.  No change.  I downloaded the Microsoft Silverlight.  I checked and have Internet Explorer 11.  I have tried to repair the Windows Live Mail.  Again no change.  I don't know how to get back to where I can actually view my emails in Windows Live Mail.  I am frustrated.  Any ideas.  By the way, I have restarted after each of the above.  I changed my security settings for junk mail to medium.  I suspect this happened after an automatic update.   

Edited by hamluis, 06 February 2015 - 10:21 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hi Vegreville :)

It seems like you're not the only one with that issue. You are using the Windows Live Mail application right, and not accessing Hotmail/Outlook from your web browser?

3Al62Pm.pngList Installed Programs
  • Download MiniToolBox and move it to your Desktop;
  • Execute it by double-clicking on it;
  • Check the "List Installed Programs" checkbox;
    dE2KOUZ.png
  • Click on the Go button;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open.
    wRKHMXW.png
  • Copy/paste (select the Notepad, press Ctrl + A then Ctrl + C to copy, and Ctrl + V to paste) the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users