Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A good mini laptop good for the internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chiji

Chiji

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

hello, I'm a student. I need a good mini laptop that would be good for surfing the internet and making research as far as my academic work is concerned.
Please I need good suggestions. Thank you.

Edited by Chiji, 02 February 2015 - 09:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

If you're on a limited budge a chrome book might be just what you're looking for.  Normally under $300 it is requires an Internet connection for everything as nothing is stored locally.

How much are you able to spend?

#3 Chiji

Chiji
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Among all the chromebooks. Which chromebook do you would be the best now. Could you just list the particular model we have?

#4 OpenSourcerer

OpenSourcerer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

I do not own any laptops myself, however if you're tight on cash a chrome book with a lightweight Linux distrobution would be perfect. Lubuntu or Xubuntu is what I would reccomend as they do not come with the Unity desktop environment by default, which is rather resource intensive, and they are basicly Ubuntu so you can easily get help with any issues you may encounter as it is the most widely used distro on desktop/labtop computers. And it's not difficult to use OpenOffice. at all, so it should suite your needs.

What is your price range?

Edited by OpenSourcerer, 19 February 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,781 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

For very little money you can buy an Acer or similar that will be a real computer with ample storage and also will accept more software than the Chrome.  I bought one for my grandson awhile back, if minutes of fooling with made take back the very same day more than disappointing compared to a Windows lap top.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users