Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMP Windows Media Player accessing USB drive just being open

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Xenon2000

Xenon2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

Windows Media Player version. 12.0.9600.17415

It didn't do this before, started a few weeks ago. Now when I play a video on my internal drive, it will start accessing my USB drive. Tons of activity. I actually have two USB 3.0 drives plugged in right now. But only one gets accessed. Even if I just open WMP without playing anything. Task manager shows it is reading the drive. Not writing to it. 

"Process Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process" is what is accessing it while WMP is open.

I also have nothing for folders in my Library section. 

It doesn't have sync options, yet I do see a sync status icon. But I only have the option "Setup Sync", so it's not setup on any drives.

I have to keep using VLC for everything now and I would like to use WMP most of the time. Can't seem to figure out what is causing this and what has changed. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users