Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Android 5.0/5.0.1] Nexus 5 and Android 5.0/5.0.1 is just unusable

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

Hey guys,

Am I the only one that have massive issues with Android 5.0/5.0.1 on a Nexus 5? The first time I plugged it in to charge it after installing the update, it didn't charge a single bit in a hour. I had to restart the phone and replug it to make it work. Sometimes the keyboard will close randomly and not open when I click on a text field, forcing me to close the application and reopen it. Google Chrome closes randomly on me, as well as a few other applications, and this is frequently.. When I go back to my home screen, I see the middle "app grid" button, then the rest of the screen takes 2-3 seconds to fully load and for the icons to display. It's a real nightmare I couldn't even use Google Chrome last evening, it keeps on crashing when going on any website. I had to download Dolphin Browser to be able to browse, but I don't really like it and I want to stick with Chrome.

Am I the only one with that issue or not? I read online that a lot of people are complaining about it too. Also, 5.0.2 was supposed to fix all the bugs in 5.0.1 but it was worst so I read that they delayed to OTA update, hence why I didn't receive it yet. I feel like my whole device is slow as hell now. I'm thinking about just downloading the image straight from Google and then flashing it on my device. I received my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 and upgraded from there till 5.0.1.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

Hi Aura,

Yes I did have a load of problems(very similar to what you have had) with the upgrade to 5.0 (Nexus 4 BTW)

But 5.0.1 seamed to cure all the glitches for me

not got 5.0.2 yet, but you weren't alone.I am not a super user so mine is fine for me

Good luck

Hedge 

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

Still having a lot of issues under Android 5.0.1. I'm about to simply flash it straight from Google and see how it goes. Such a waste of time.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hi Aura,

I was just reading this when you posted

http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/android-51-unwrapping-new-lollipop.html

It's the comments that are interesting(ish)

I think there is a 5.1 flash available(worth a shot maybe)

Hedge 

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

I'll wait for the Android 5.1 OTA and if everything goes bad (again), then I'll flash. I'll give it one more chance. I'm about to just flash CM on my Nexus 5 and forget about the rest.

unite_blue.png

#6 KC13

KC13

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Have you hard reset the phone? This seems to solve most of the problems in various forums I follow.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

I didn't hard reset it, no. I just got the Android 5.1 OTA update a week ago so I'll give it a try and if it keeps on lagging, I'll reset it.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users