Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEX

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

Installed PLEX on my computer... I have a ROKU box on my TV ( ROKU 2). I can see the PLEX channel on the ROKU...but it picked up some old movie files I do not want. I deleted these movie files from my computer,etc. But they are still showing when I launch  PLEX channel on my ROKU box. I have searched and searched, and even emailed PLEX on how to delete movie files but no answer...I see no setting to delete these from Plex? Ideas...( getting less n less hair trying to figure this out.)

Edited by hamluis, 06 February 2015 - 01:01 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jake21

jake21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

OK...finally got this one solved. Here's the next one..phew....

Added channels to Plex server...they show up as installed Channels on Plex Media Server. When I go to ROKU....and choose Plex...they do not show any of the channels? How do I get these to show on Roku TV? They show as installed on Plex server?

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

Generally speaking, if you have a PLEX account, you can sign into it and link it up on Roku. I don't have PLEX but I do that with UFC Fight Pass. 

#4 sschlangen

sschlangen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

I have plex, and Roku. When you download the app on Roku and load it for the first time it will instruct you to go to https://plex.tv/pin on your web browser and enter the pin on the app screen which registers your Roku. Make sure you are installing that app on the roku and you are good to go.

Here is the reference link:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201198796-Activating-the-Roku-App

After 30 days you will need to purchase the pass to continue use. I paid for the lifetime, and it was well worth it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users