Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mechanical Keyboard Under $50

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Shackleheart

Mr_Shackleheart

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to get a decent mechanical gaming keyboard for under $50. Right now I'm just using a stock Dell keyboard, which is okay, but it's membrane so it isn't optimal for gaming. I really want the Razer Black Widow Chroma, but $170 for a keyboard is just too much right now. If anyone has any suggestions on a good mechanical keyboard for around $50 that would be great. Thanks!

P.S. a couple I found that look alright. 

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Keyboard-Black-Silver/dp/B000GP844S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422917628&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+g11

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-SideWinder-X4-Keyboard-Great-Condition-/151573657351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234a7e7707

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

Maybe you don't understand what a mechanical keyboard is, as neither of those are.    The ebay keyboard is a Spanish keyboard, you don't want me to tell you how painful that is, the @ sign is an alternate shift of the Q.

A mechanical keyboard will tell you what kind of switches are used, normally Cherry and a color.

Here is a company that specializes in mechanical keyboards, and from their prices you're looking at $100.  I've never bought from them and only point them out for pricing information.

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

Do you prefer wired, wireless or Bluetooth?
What OS do you use? Combo-keyboard mouse perhaps?

Have you looked at the options in Newegg.com under gaming keyboards? They have quite a few options that you could read about and check-out the reviews with-in your budget.

👾

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users