Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quiet graphics card

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 raror

raror

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

Hello

I am looking for a gpu that is quiet, yet can power a large monitor or monitors and high resolution

I have a amd 6450 2gb with passive cooling

And that's pretty much the best passive gpu i could find ,and it works okay, but it could be better

Obviously for large monitors i need a lot of memory, so the 1gb passive solution even though its gddr5 wasnt something i considered

Plus my PSU is 600w so i thought it might not be enough, even though requirements for it are like 400w or w/e

Would adding 2 of the same gpu's help?

What other solutions are there?

Edited by raror, 02 February 2015 - 05:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raror

raror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Did i not do something to setup this thread properly or

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

Waw... I wouldn't change that Radeon HD 6450 GDDR5 with a wonderful passive cooling. Why do you really need more? Balancing any graphics settings in any modern games is fair and a wise trick, those $140 (I guess) isn't "Tetris", I recon.

I, personally, have Radeon HD 5750 GDDR5 and I am not planning to change it on anything somehow any soon... it's, for me, for years and years to come! A 720 Processing Units, a 2009's doll for $180.

...though, the passive cooling (and any hardware innovation) is a curiousity of mine by now.

Luck!

Edited by rhino1366, 12 February 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#4 raror

raror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

Well i need more for a big monitor or 2 monitors, they need a lot of memory ,plus i do want to upgrade something and that's something i can upgrade or buy two of

Is that the best possible passively cooled card anyway?

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

There are a lot of aftermarket coolers out there and while I read your post earlier I simply didn't have a good response as it appears as ' quiet ' and ' GPU ' are not entirely possible unless you want to go the waterblock route.

As far as 'quiet' and ' fans ' go .  In my opinion theres nothing better than Noctua fans. Larger fans are generally quieter.  So get the card you want and replace the fans with Noctua.

The fact that you will void your warranty and this may not be a suitable response for most people is why I didn't post previously

#6 raror

raror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

Yeah i've done some research myself and i know the noctua fans are the biggest and can be quite a bit quieter than anything else out there

But i don't think i will go into modifying my gpu like that , maybe if there's explanations on youtube or somewhere i might go through with it,but in general first on my research list is always the passive cooling, i've heard water cooling is not that great plus it still makes noise ,plus it's complicated to take care of ....

What about adding two of the same gpu's that i already have ,the 6450 2gb , will that help me support more monitors or what will it help me with? I'm not an avid gamer as far as fps goes.

Edited by raror, 12 February 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#7 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

Sapphire HD7750 Passive

#8 raror

raror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

I was looking at something quite similar (Ati Sapphire Ultimate R7 250 1G GDDR5 with Boost, 128 bit, 800MHz/1125MHz with boost) , but it's only 1GB of memory?

Edited by raror, 13 February 2015 - 12:14 AM.

#9 raror

raror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

Isn't 1gb of memory worse than the 2gb memory ,even if it's lower quality memory?.... when i want to use big monitor(s)

Edited by raror, 26 February 2015 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users