Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Abnormally Slow Computer...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thgabster

thgabster

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this... My computer has been running incredibly slow since I came back... I dunno if my sister messed it up while she was house sitting or if it is just a coincidence.... I went to trend micro and did the virus and adware scans... cleaned it... but it is still acting abnormal.... I hit cntrl, alt, delete and viewed the processes and I have 45 things running and only 2 programs (windows media player & myspace).... It is also running between 45 and 100%... I remember when i got it fixed in the past I was told it should never run more than 20% tops... I don't have the money to take it in and have it fixed this time so I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions what I could do...

If it helps I will write out what is processing...

taskmgr.exe

wmplayer.exe

ybrowser.exe

alg.exe

ypager.exe

wzqkpick.exe

easyshare.exe

svchost.exe

ctfmon.exe

ycommon.exe

msmsgs.exe

qttask.exe

cavrid.exe

cavtray.exe

yop.exe

issch.exe

jusched.exe

motivesb.exe

wkufind.exe

mcagent.exe

ybrwicon.exe

soundman.exe

hkcmd.exe

igfxtray.exe

mctskshd.exe

explorer.exe

vetmsg.exe

mcdetect.exe

spoolsv.exe

mdm.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

isafe.exe

lsass.exe

services.exe

winlogon.exe

csrss.exe

smss.exe

wdfmgr.exe

mpbtn.exe

system

system idle process

???????????????????? I dont even know what all this stuff is... It isn't like I am all over the net... Basically I visit the same 10 sites and thats it........ lol I am lost! any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baphometa

Baphometa

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

would you re paste these but only the programs that have your user name by them??most of these are system files i think yea?

also it looks like you have ALOT of stuf running in the background which can slow acomputer down really fast

(or atleast in my experiences)

Edited by Baphometa, 24 June 2006 - 07:19 PM.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

Are these programs that are running at startup?
If so, there are some of them that don't need to be.
At the top of this page you can click on Startup Programs and search these entries.
I just went through a few of them, and this is what I found.

Unnecessary to run these program automatically when Windows starts as you can run it manually when necessary:
wzqkpick.exe
ypager.exe
qttask.exe
yop.exe
issch.exe
jusched.exe
motivesb.exe
wkufind.exe
ybrwicon.exe
soundman.exe

It's up to you whether or not you feel this program needs to run automatically:
Ctfmon.exe - More info
easyshare.exe - More info
alg.exe - More info
msmsgs.exe - More info
mcagent.exe - More info
hkcmd.exe - More info

Also check out this thread:
Slow Computer?, Use this troubleshooting checklist
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 thgabster

thgabster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:28 AM

Thank you so much... I will try to fix that stuff right now....

Is it possible that my yahoo/sbc/at&t browser is part of the problem?? I noticed it comes up a lot in my processes and it seems to be sucking the most power... I also have problems with my web pages freezing and eventually crashing...

Baphometa, i would be happy to re write any of that out... but I am confused... What do you mean by user name by them??? I looked and they say one of 4 things next to them on my task manager: owner, system, local service, or network service...? :thumbsup:

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

Is it possible that my yahoo/sbc/at&t browser is part of the problem?

That's a possibility. Have you contacted your ISP's tech support for assistance?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users