Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Figure Out Which New Case To Buy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 draco

draco

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:37 PM

hi people my question is im looking for a new case for my personal computer.i was looking on newegg.com and came across several my question is which one is compatabile with my motherboard.i have the pentium 4 865 GV CHIPSET type motherboard.help if you can

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

What are oyu looking for in a case? Looks, practical, compact, nano, midi or full tower? Are you going to game or mainly surf? Is price an issue?
Not trying to be dificult but I would guess there are almost as many case styles as computer users. I personally like the plain desktop, but they are rather hard to find these days. Other than the Shuttle style.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 draco

draco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:02 PM

i am leaning to full tower.im a graphic artist and i was thinking on getting one with clear sides but i dont know which one will fit my mother board

#4 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

The chances are your motherboard "form" is ATX.
You might want to take a look Here.
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

#5 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

Keep in mind yhat a "full tower" is very tall and probably not what you want. The "standard" sized tower is a "midtower" which makes up the majority of the aftermarket cases. Unless you plan to watercool the system or install a half a dozen hard drives go with a midtower sized case.

Eg: Antec Solution SLK1650B Black Steel ATX (incorrectly labeled as a "mini tower")

(if it can hold an ATX motherboard then it is a mid tower or larger sized case)

#6 draco

draco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

i really like the thermaltake sunami but theres alot of bad reviews,apparently limited space between the harddrive and the video card.can you suggest one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users