Here is the list of things I tried to troubleshoot suggested by the BC's chat group
- flush dns
- reinstall chrome/firefox
- change dns to open dns via IPV-4 protocol to 218.104.22.168 and 222.214.171.124
- scanned for virus (Full computer scan (3 harddrives ) no results)
- made windows/system32/etc/drivers/hosts file read only
- changed firefox/chrome networking preferences to "Automatically detect proxy"
- Uninstalled VPN to school's network (Program: Cisco Anyconnect VPN client)
- used MiniToolBox
I usually have to keep refreshing the reddit website to access it sometimes I get this page
http://i.imgur.com/KFLNyJK.png and does not send me to "Connection was reset"
I've also changed my Qualcom Atheros Killer Network Manager TCP settings to TCP No Delay (on) and ACK Frequency from 2 to 1
while other times I get the normal reddit page but sends me to "Connection was reset".
I can access imgur links on front page but comments will result in "Connnection was reset."
I recently mapped my school's vpn harddrive and uninstalled it if it was the cause of the problem. After mapping the harddrive, I started to have problems with the reddit website.
Here is my minitoolbox diagnostics: http://pastebin.com/SVbn9UqE
Hopefully this will be enough information to help me resolve this issue.
Edited by StupidComp, 02 February 2015 - 12:34 AM.