Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Connection was reset" specific problem only on Reddit.com

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 StupidComp

StupidComp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

Hi

Here is the list of things I tried to troubleshoot suggested by the BC's chat group

• flush dns
  • reinstall chrome/firefox
  • change dns to open dns via IPV-4 protocol to 280.67.222.222 and 280.67.220.220
  • scanned for virus (Full computer scan (3 harddrives ) no results)
  • made windows/system32/etc/drivers/hosts file read only
  • changed firefox/chrome networking preferences to "Automatically detect proxy"
  • Uninstalled VPN to school's network (Program: Cisco Anyconnect VPN client)
  • used MiniToolBox

I usually have to keep refreshing the reddit website to access it sometimes I get this page

http://i.imgur.com/KFLNyJK.png and does not send me to "Connection was reset"

I've also changed my Qualcom Atheros Killer Network Manager TCP settings to TCP No Delay (on) and ACK Frequency from 2 to 1

while other times I get the normal reddit page but sends me to "Connection was reset".

I can access imgur links on front page but comments will result in "Connnection was reset."

I recently mapped my school's vpn harddrive and uninstalled it if it was the cause of the problem. After mapping the harddrive, I started to have problems with the reddit website.

Here is my minitoolbox diagnostics: http://pastebin.com/SVbn9UqE

Hopefully this will be enough information to help me resolve this issue.

Edited by StupidComp, 02 February 2015 - 12:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users