Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is always frozen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Qazlop101

Qazlop101

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

My laptop goes very slowly and then in about 10 minutes, the screen freezes and I cant click anything. Then I just shut it down by holding the power button. I think it did mention something about the video card or something like that. Any ideas on what to do. Could it be that something inside is broken or the computer isn't communicating with the software? Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

Actually the reasons behind this problem are registry errors, driver problem, computer virus or malware etc. To get out of this problem, you need to clean all the junk files from the PC with the help of the computer cleaning software and scan your computer with an antivirus utility.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Try booting into Safe Mode with Networking.  

If you can boot into Safe Mode and this problem doesn't persist this would be indicative of a problem with a graphics driver.

If you can boot this computer in any fashion please do the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

I think it did mention something about the video card or something like that.

If possible, it would help to know what was said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users