Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance Issues.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SuperPatink

SuperPatink

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys,

I need some help. I built my own computer about a year ago. The processor is an Intel Core i7-3770 3.40Ghz. and I have 16 GB of ram. I don't think that it is performing as well as it should. It gets seriously out performed by my laptop which is running an i7-4800MQ 2.7 Ghz and 8 GB of ram. I did spill water on my desktop some time ago. It powered down when it happened, and I didn't turn it back on until I took it to a computer repair shop where they powered it up and made sure everything was working. Is there any reason why my computer is performing so badly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

And what do you mean by seriously outperfomed exactly?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#3 SuperPatink

SuperPatink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

When I play League of Legends on my Laptop, I get 200 + fps, when I play on my desktop I get 50ish fps. I also recently got a second monitor for my PC and my Desktop can barely handle netflix on one screen and a webpage open on the other.

#4 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

AFAIK even an integrated chip should be able to run league over the 60 fps, atleast in that product range, do you have a video card on your desktop?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

It may help if you give us the specs of both computers.  And @coolguy it wouldn't if he didn't have the drivers installed.  It may also help to increase the share of the integrated video.  You should DL speccy on both machines and post the link so we can take a look at both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users