Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Severe lag on one computer when another goes to sleep

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jayskinzracing

jayskinzracing

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone!  I'm back with another question.  I posted a question in the hardware forum a few months ago, and received some excellent insight and advice.  Hoping to receive the same again on this brain buster...

I was 13 hours into a 24 hour race last night on iRacing while my daughter was using the laptop to do some browsing (nothing intense, browsing Amazon i think), and my wife was watching TV using Xfinity X1.  Seconds after my daughter closed the lid on the laptop, my game lagged, effectively ruining what I was doing.  iRacing classified it as "discontinuity" and "clock smash".  The laptop was connected to a LinkSys router via WiFi and the desktop I was using was on a wired connection with the same router.  ISP is also Xfinity. There's also 2 cell phones and 2 tablets connected to the same router, they were powered up but not in use at the time.  

I don't think this has been a problem in the past, but I've suspected the router heading south over the past few months after some connectivity issues with other devices (Playstation 3, which wasn't turned on last night).  

Any insight?  Thanks in advance!

Jason

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users