Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Settings or internal hardware confliction?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some advice or guidance on a problem I have been having long-term, the problem is with hardware in my PC causing confliction with my peripherals not allowing me to enjoy PC gaming.

I have had a custom gaming PC for around 2-3 years now, I mainly play FPS games so the issue affects my "game" enough to stop me from playing games at times.

So the problem is to do with how the mice feels or "sensitivity" in games and even with the desktop, when trying to aim regardless of sensitivity or settings it just doesn't have 100% precision like every other mice does.
Now the issue seems as if some kind of v-sync or deacceleration is always on and I can only really think that these two could cause something to do with that.

Now I believe since the problem started 2 years back I have changed out every component including (Mboard, CPU, GPU, Mice, PSU, RAM, HDD, OS)

I have just used an old Windows 8.1 code I bought a year ago to try again and check for any difference, I still have the same problem with both Windows 7 and 8.1 so this negates Windows.
I have turned off acceleration and v-sync etc etc. even if those settings were on they wouldn't affect the issue much anyway.

So if I had to say what hardware is causing the issue I would check off:

CPU, FX-8350
PSU, Corsair CS650M 
HDD's, WD 1TB Green + 1TB Blue
Motherboard, Asrock 960GC GSFX

which leaves me with my GPU (RADEON HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 OC), and monitor (BENQ GL2450HT). 

Is there settings I can check or change or is it down to hardware?

Many Thanks,

Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

A lot of FPS games have mouse acceleration on by default some you have to turn off via console commands ingame. Really what you are talking about it sounds like problems with the game, or the mice itself.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users