Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant post a topic in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Secret Society

Secret Society

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

I'm not sure if I'm posting this to the proper forum, sorry about that if its in the wrong forum. I'm seeking help for a browser redirect problem and have been trying to repeatedly post in the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Log" forum but it wont post. I'm trying to post my Farbar results with "FRST.txt" and attach the file "Additions.txt". Everything seems to work fine and then I press the "Post New Topic" button at the bottom of the page and then you can see it uploading, but then it says waiting for response from bleepingcomputer.com then it shows me a page indicating a timeout had occured and the post doesn't post. 

The page telling the timeout displays this information:

***********************************************************************************

Error 524 Ray ID: 1b1f25c9522213b3
A timeout occurred

Your Browser           Los Angeles             www.bleepingcomputer.com
 Working                    CloudFlare                         Host Error
                                   Working

The origin web server timed out responding to this request.

***********************************************************************************

Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Can you copy and paste the contents of FRST.txt in the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Log" forum? If so, do that for now and provide a link to the new topic.

If you cannot...start the new topic anyway and explain you could not post the required logs. Again, provide a link to the new topic so I can close this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Secret Society

Secret Society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

Hi Global Moderator, thanks for the reply. But I'm not sure what you mean by provide a link to the new topic. I feel kinda stupid because you could be asking me a simple question that's flying over my head. But when I'm on the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Log" forum, I click the "Start New Topic Button", I can enter a "Topic Title",  then I type in my message about the problem in the message area, hit the return button on my keyboard a couple times to bump down a couple lines, then copy and paste the "FRST.txt"  in the message area and that works, then I click the "Attach Files" button, look for the the "Additions.txt" file and it does attach to the message, at that point I click "Post New Topic" button and then Google Chrome displays this message in the lower left corner "waiting for www.bleepingcomputer.com" for a while like about a minute, then I'm sent to the error page. 

Strange thing, I tried to do this with Internet Explorer (version 11) but the only thing that browser wont let me do is attach files to the post, I can make the topic title, copy and paste, and everything else. As for Firefox(version 35) , it lets me do everything but when I click the post button, I get a message telling me that my message was too long. But I've looked at other peoples posts in the forums and they were just as long as mine was. A fairly short message, with the contents of  "FRST.txt" pasted right below my short message, and attached "Additions.txt" file like the posting instructions say to do.

Another strange thing is, I can post messages fine at other sites without any problems. Should I just try and attach the "FRST.txt" file along with the "Additions.txt" file instead of trying to copy and paste the "FRST.txt" file in the message? Maybe Firefox wont tell me the message is too long. 

Thank you!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

Should I just try and attach the "FRST.txt" file along with the "Additions.txt" file instead of trying to copy and paste the "FRST.txt" file in the message? Maybe Firefox wont tell me the message is too long.

If that works, then doing that is fine. Or you can just copy and paste the FRST.txt log since you said you were able to do that. Do not worry about trying to attach the Addition's.txt at this time.

Just reply back here when you start the new topic. I will be able to find the link to where you posted it.

#5 Secret Society

Secret Society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

Well, I tried to only attach the FRST.txt file to the post but I can't because my FRST.txt file size is 523KB. Where as bleeping states:

You can upload up to 432.38KB of files. (Max. single file size: 432.38KB)

So I can't attach it. So then I tried to only paste the info from  FRST.txt in the message without saying anything else in the message so it wouldn't be too long. But then I get the message:

"Your post was too long. Please go back and shorten it a little."     Both Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 35 display this message. Chrome just sends me to a page that says time out occured.

I thought I would be clever and compress FRST.txt file with WinRAR and it compressed the file to 38KB. But when I try to attach the FRST.rar the site says it wont upload that type of file. I can understand that, it must be for security purposes. I then looked at others who have posted their FRST.txt file. What I did was make a new text file on my computer called test.txt I then copy other peoples FRST.txt info from their post and then paste it in the test.txt file I made and then look at the files size and its generally about 40KB. Why is my FRST.txt file so big at 532KB? I did just what the picture image of Farbar (which checkmarks to check in the program before scanning) shows at:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Is there anything else you think I should try?  I'm puzzled! =)

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

Start a new topic, explain you could not post the required logs because of the size...advise what operating system you are using, then explain what symptoms you are having with the malware infection.

#7 Secret Society

Secret Society
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Hi GM!

I was able to make the post after leaving out any files attachments, and not pasting the FRST.txt contents into the message section of the post:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565397/getting-redirects-with-ie-and-ff-and-gc/

I'm going to work from there now.

I guess your going to close this topic out. I don't know if that means you remove the topic thread, or make it to where no one else can post. Either way, I'm good!

Thanks for the help!

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Now that your new topic is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the information or any log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers but your topic will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

I advise checking your new topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users