Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everest home - to iso? or how to slip apps to live linux?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barbara.S

Barbara.S

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

hello.
What I looking for is to build diagnostic cd with several aplication of my choice.
for example - everest,antivir and so on.I figured out how to make a multi iso usb drive but i need each program to be an iso /img file so i could run it from dos (under uefi) in efi mode .
1.So my question is can make an iso file out of random software ?
2. how to add my apps to a live linux distro(do I need a specific version of'em -penapps or linux version)
3. how to slip those apps to an iso of linux?
4.where to add efi folder(and where to find it in the net) to iso to be able to boot linux in efi ?
5. would the same bootable pen work under newest uefi and oldest bios?
I know the problem is very complex but I apreciate every sugestion.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

you maybe better off making a windows live usb stick
http://www.howtogeek.com/196817/how-to-create-a-windows-to-go-usb-drive-without-the-enterprise-edition/
This process allows you to create a live Windows USB drive that functions like a live Linux USB drive. You can boot it on any computer. The operating system’s files and programs stay on the external drive and follow you around.

http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/
WinToUSB is a free software that allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation. In the newest version you can clone current Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) to a USB drive as a Windows To Go Workspace. WinToUSB also support creating bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable.

#3 Barbara.S

Barbara.S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:40 AM

shane you're right :-) if only windows was a free disto XD

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

If you have a Windows 7 or later computer look at Aoemi PE builder. You can build a PE disk that will boot to a Windows desktop .You can add any tools you want as long as they can run as a portable apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users