Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Delete a Folder permission denied

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rrocha

Rrocha

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

Guys,
Help me in delete a nasty folder called shopperz , junk adware.
It is in my C drive, program files and I cant do any operation, i tried unlocker, cmd with administrator rights, filexile, owner permission, audit permission and the hide administrator account, nothing worked, i am still getting the message access denied.
This a leftover from a adware/root-kit clean iomega+ and others stuffs. This task is supposed to be easy, right ?
I am the admin, there aren't other users.. i dont know how i lock my self out and cant change, move ou do anything with these files.
Any guidance will be appreciated.

The pc is safety by the way, i did scan with everthing.

Edited by Rrocha, 31 January 2015 - 05:47 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 8. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Did you try deleting in Safe Mode?  Did you run Adwcleaner?

If you tried the above type CMD in the search box > Right click run as Administrator. Browse to the directory that contains the shopperz folder then type

takeown /f shopperz /r /d y   <enter>
icacls shopperz /grant username:F /t /q  <enter>   username being your login name

After those commands try deleting.

#3 Rrocha

Rrocha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

When i enter this comand takeown /f shopperz /r /d y <enter>
i got Error: Access Denied.
And yes, i did run adwcleaner, not in safe mode, but in normal mode, i didn't know how to enter in it, because the samsumg notebook is to fast, i tried to hold f8 but nothing happed.
Malwarebytes is recognizing this PUPs files but cant delete them, i click quarantine, and after delete all , but the files just they there in my C drive.

The adwcleaner is find the folder but is giving a [!] warning before the "Folder Deleted..."

Okey, i found how restart in safe mod !!!

The comand still didn't work and the adwcleaner too..

I am  getting just one entry, and it is in section [Files and Folders] saying this  [!] Folder Deleted : C\Program Files\shopperz.
But the folder is still here...

Edited by Rrocha, 01 February 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Did you run Rkill first before launching Malwarebytes? Don't reboot after running Rkill.

Download Puppy Linux Tahrpup 6.0 CE here. Burn the iso file and boot the disk. In Windows 7 you can burn the iso by right clicking and selecting Burn Disk Image.  On the Puppy desktop your hard drive will be sda1. Click once on it, the drive will mount and the File Manager will open. Browse to the shopperz folder. Do not double click folders. Click once to open them. Right click on the shopperz folder and select delete. Check the quiet box. Make sure you are deleting the shopperz folder as you cannot take this back.

Does Adwcleaner give a reason for the warning on the file deletion?

#5 Rrocha

Rrocha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Yes i did run Rkill before...

No, just the  [!]..

I am using a ubuntu dvd that i have here, thank you for the ideia.

I will be back soon.

Edited by Rrocha, 31 January 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#6 Rrocha

Rrocha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

Greatt !!! thank you, it did work.

Thank you very much, and have good night !!
peace !

Edited by Rrocha, 31 January 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#7 Billy_Parts

Billy_Parts

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

For future reference, and anyone else with a similar problem, this is my 1st response to files/folders that will not delete:

http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

OP tried Unlocker and it did not work for him. It is a good Utility. Just make sure to opt out of any optional programs it asks you to install.

#9 Rrocha

Rrocha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Hey, the keys of shopperz are still here... How i delete them ?
I tried manually but, i get error about exclude the key, and then the regedit likely reload itself and populate the keys again

Any more tips ? :smash:

Thanks in advence.

Edited by Rrocha, 01 February 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk, based on linux. It has an Offline Registry Editor. That should take care of the keys.

#11 Billy_Parts

Billy_Parts

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hey, the keys of shopperz are still here... How i delete them ?
I tried manually but, i get error about exclude the key, and then the regedit likely reload itself and populate the keys again

Any more tips ? :smash:

Thanks in advence.

I just discovered this about 4 days ago.  I've been doing computer repair for years, and this is the best registry editor/deleter I've ever found.  Could have used this in so many previous situations.

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

"Registrar Registry Deleter"

#12 toni_g

toni_g

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

Note to JohnC_21  :  Thanks you so much.  Unlocker did not work (and thanks for the warning on needing to opt out over and over).  But your Ubuntu Idea saved the day.  We had tried so many things to get the last vestiges of Shopperz off the computer but nothing worked until booting Ubuntu from the USB stick.  I joined the forum so I could thank you!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users